BEATSTOCK IS BACK!
Beatstock is back! Presented by Slomin’s Shield, the event is hosted by Drita D’Avanzo from MTV’s ‘Mob Wives’ and Speedy. On Saturday July 27th at the Ocean Casino Resort in Atlantic City, 103.5 KTU’s “dance music festival that started it all” makes its long awaited return with new, fresh talent.
Some of the great artists set to perform include Deborah Cox, Amber, K&7 & TKA, Judy Torres, Lil Suzy, Rockell, and The Cover Girls. The Vargas Brother, Reina, Real McCoy, Color Me Badd and Joe Zangie are also scheduled to perform. There will also be an after party at the HQ² Nightclub in Atlantic City right after the show. Tickets are available HERE.
Tickets for the main show are on sale now until doors open at 7:30. But if you purchase your tickets through Ticketmaster now, you can get great seats for up to 50% off the normal price! This is a limited time, first-come-first-served deal so be sure to visit Ticketmaster today.
If you missed out on any previous Beatstock shows, now’s your chance to attend one! Who knows when the next show will be. Visit the Beatstock Facebook page for more information and for any updates about the show. It’s going to be an awesome time; we hope to see you there!
10 unique ways to celebrate the holidays in New York City
There is no place better than New York City to celebrate the holidays. Visiting Rockefeller Center to see “The Tree”, window shopping along 5th Avenue and catching the Radio City Christmas Spectacular are the “traditional” ways to celebrate the holidays in the “Big Apple”, but if you are like us, you probably did all those things more than once. If you are looking for unique ways to celebrate the holidays in New York City, try one of these 10 free, or low cost events we pulled together for you and fall in love with New York City all over again.
- Ladies Night at Dangerfields: At 10:30pm on December 2, 2016 and 1:30am, December 3, 2016 Dangerfields’ Comedy Club will present – for the first time in 50 years – an all-female comedy show with our own Jen Remauro. Tickets for this history making show are only $22 and can be purchased by clicking here.
- Bryant Park Winter Village: Shop and Skate at Bryant Park’s Winter Village from now through January 2, 2017. This festive Winter Village offers unique handmade items perfect for gift giving. Rink opens at 8am daily. Click here for more details
- Winter Fest on Minthorne: On December 3, 2016, take a free ride on the Staten Island Ferry then hop the train one stop to Tompkinsville Station to experience this unique Winter Festival taking place from 2pm-8pm on Minthorne – the renowned home of the Flagship Brewing Co.. Enjoy live music, food, drinks, games, give-aways and the “made in Staten Island” holiday market. This is a free event for the whole family. Click here for more information.
- The New York Botanical Gardens Holiday Train Show: For 25 years visitors of all ages have been entertained and mesmerized by this spectacular, one-of-a-kind train show set on the grounds of the infamous Botanical Gardens. Tickets are just $20 for adults and $8 for children. Click here.
- Dyker Heights Holiday Lights: If you want to see what happens when neighbors get together to celebrate the holidays, take the D train to 71st Street Brooklyn to see the spectacular array of decorations displayed on these private homes. The homes are lit through the new year so pick your day, wait until dark and head on out. Viewing is free by foot, but if you would prefer riding to walking you can purchase tickets for a 3 ½ hour bus tour by clicking here.
- Nitehawk Cinema Indie Films: This Brooklyn Cinema got around ancient prohibition laws and actually servers alcoholic beverages while you watch unique movies. Click here for more info.
- Hot for the Holidays: If you want to see some of your favorite artists perform over the holidays, check out Hot 97’s holiday show on December 3, 2016 by clicking here.
- Christmas Spectacular at the Landmarked St. George Theatre: Beginning December 9, 2016 you can go back in time to see this critically acclaimed Christmas Show in Staten Island’s landmarked theater located a short walk away from the St. George Ferry Terminal. The theater is providing discounts on ticket purchases for other shows as well. Use the code “cyber” for your on-line purchase. Click Here.
- The Staten Island Creative Community Winter Wonderland Exhibit: See stunning works by local artists at their gallery located at 776 Richmond Terrace, a short walk from the St. George ferry terminal. This is a free “must see”. Click here for more info.
- Catch a show at The Town Hall – The Town Hall is a unique theater offering a wide array of entertainment at comfortable prices. Check out their holiday shows by clicking here.